Position: Product Manager – Fiber Optics
Location: Northern NJ
Open Date: 6/10/2021
Product manager is responsible for overseeing and managing our fiber optic transceivers and video extenders from beginning to end. You would need to have both hands-on technical expertise and product management experience to be successful in this position.
- Establish the product value proposition, competitive analysis, and pricing.
- Define product marketing objectives.
- Work closely with existing suppliers to ensure high quality and timely delivery.
- Develop new promising product concepts.
- Build partnerships with internal team, key suppliers, and customers.
- Oversee new product planning and roll-out to the market.
- Act as the trusted technology authority in fiber optic data and video communications.
- Quality new products technically.
- Assist internal team and customers with technical support.
- Contribute to technical articles, application notes, and customer stories.
Requirements & Attributes
- At least 3 years of successful product management experience in fiber optics industry.
- Deep technical understanding of current fiber optics technologies and pluggable optics. (e.g. form factors, modulation formats, MSA, fiber types, etc.).
- Experience with testing and qualifying fiber optic products.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly with customers, sales, and marketing.
- Must be well-organized and detail oriented.
- Need to be an excellent writer.
- BSEE, MBA or advanced technical degree preferred.
Base salary plus performance-based bonus. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical, dental insurance, profit sharing, vacation, and flex days.
How to Apply
For full consideration, please explain in your cover letter why you are a good fit with our company and this position. Please be sure to write “Vitex PM” in the subject line. Please send your letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org