Position Title: Fiber Optics Field Application Engineer
Location: Northern NJ
Open Date: March 1, 2021
We are looking for an experienced Field Application Engineer (FAE) to join our team.
FAE is a trusted technical expert by helping our customers to match their technical needs with right solutions. FAE acts as a technical inside sales engineer to identify key customers’ need and win more businesses. FAE will set up quality control test beds for 10/40/100/400G optical transceivers. FAE will also contribute to writing technical application notes and help with marketing works as needed.
- Consult customers on fiber optic transceiver technical issues and questions.
- Set up 10/40/100/400G transceiver evaluation test beds and procedures.
- Write technical application notes and how-to guides.
- Provide technical competitive analysis on new products.
- Develop OEM switch compatible codes for transceivers. (i.e., Cisco, Arista, Juniper, HP, etc.)
- Interface with factories and suppliers on engineering issues.
- Minimum 5+ years of extensive technical experience in fiber optic transceiver design and testing.
- Able to understand and customize EEPROM on transceivers.
- Ability to conduct optical and electrical testing on 10/40/100/400G optical transceivers.
- Deep understanding of optical SFP+, QSFP+, QSFP28, QSFP-DD industry standards
- Communicate effectively with customers, internal team, and key suppliers.
- Familiarity with major OEM switches and required compatible transceivers.
Base salary plus performance-based bonus. Benefits include Profit Sharing plan, health insurance, paid vacation, holidays, and flex days.
Where to contact
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Fiber Optic Sales Manager
Location: Northern NJ
Open Date: 3/9/2021
We are looking for an experienced sales manager to find, develop and manage strategic accounts, identifying opportunities and developing long term relationships. In this position you will be taking over certain existing accounts and seeking out and developing new clients in a substantial geographic territory. You will be responsible for sales success and quota achievement in your territory including:
- Developing and qualifying leads you identify and those provided to you from marketing.
- Penetrating those account leads to reach the responsible specifiers and buyers of our products.
- Communicating with specifying engineers to understand their applications and product needs.
- Interfacing with in-house technical support staff to relate opportunities and help identify solutions.
- Present those solutions to prospects and clients.
- Identifying and addressing all customer players and issues so our fiber optic and electronic products are adopted as part of customer’s systems.
- Identifying and pursuing new opportunities at existing customers
- Managing leads and opportunities in your own sales funnel.
- Attending industry tradeshows for showcasing our solutions
- Travel as needed to meet with customers and advance sales opportunities.
- Developing relationships within the accounts that generate long term sales through product satisfaction, trust and respect for Vitex expertise.
- Establish distribution partners and sales reps.
Requirements & Attributes
Successful people in this position at Vitex share the following qualifications and attributes.
- 3-5 years of successful direct sales experience in fiber optics industry.
- Proven track record of developing and growing your own sales funnel.
- Ability to identify and develop right target accounts and key contacts within those accounts.
- Strong drive to succeed.
- Experience in carrying an annual quota of $5M+
- Has empathy for customers.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-Organized with consistent follow up of details.
- Good technical knowledge of electronics and fiber optics.
- Desire to learn and keep up with key technology trends and concepts in our industry.
- Experience of setting up sales reps and distribution channel partners.
- BA or BS degree.
Base salary plus performance-based bonus. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical, dental insurance, profit sharing, vacation, and flex days.
How to Apply
If this job sounds like something you’d love to do, we want to hear from you.
For full consideration, please explain in your cover letter why you are a good fit with our company and this position. Please be sure to write “Vitex SM” in the subject line. Please send your letter and resume to email@example.com