Develop military, defense and government systems that transfer data securely, reliably and in compliance
Vitex’s optical products and engineering know-how assist government contractors in creating special projects for challenging, one-of-a-kind, and demanding situations. With over two decades of optical engineering and application expertise, Vitex serves as both a trusted technical advisor and supplier of fiber products. Whether you require specialized applications, R&D, lab testing, extreme reliability or products certified for harsh environments, our domestic presence and engineering capabilities streamline the process. As a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) with ITAR compliance, we offer TAA-compliant products and customized optical development.
Fiber optic technology is the data transmission foundation for defense and government contractors for good reason: secure, EMI-immune, low latency and reliable. For applications like virtual training that depend on ultra-fast data transmission and crystal clear, high resolution and pinpoint accuracy, fiber optic products offer the highest throughput for processing continuous inputs in real time. For proprietary communication equipment, optical transmitter and receiver sub-assemblies (TOSA/ROSA) and coaxial modules are the very heart of surveillance and guidance networks and devices.
Optical engineering application experts at your service
Developing equipment and systems for defense and government use requires a broad range of fiber optic knowledge and products. Typically (if there is a typical), it’s an OEM design, test and build process to create specialized equipment that will have to endure uncertain but certainly extreme conditions.
Vitex engineers and optical applications specialists work with product development teams from research companies, startups and global aerospace, maritime, space, defense and security enterprises to provide the optimal combination of products, connectivity and support needed to create an operational system.
We amplify our diverse range of top-quality, high-performance optical products with extensive expertise, including customization and development, to offer our superior solutions that include:
- TOSA Optical Modules (Transmitter Optical Sub-Assembly): used for building specialized optical communications systems for military and defense systems
- ROSA Optical Modules (Receiver Optical Sub-Assembly): used for building specialized optical communications systems for military and defense systems
- High performance video extenders for seamless, uninterrupted and high definition on-screen visualization (available as DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, USB, and KVM)
- Transceivers and active optical cables (AOCs) ranging from 10G, 100G to 800G
- Products rated for harsh environments, operating temperature of -40°C to 85°C (desert, undersea, at sea, cold, sand, etc.)
- Breakout cables (AOCs, transceivers, DACs) to solve space constraints, connect slower speed equipment to higher speed devices or tie in equipment with diverse connector types (e.g., LC, SC, ST, FC, MTP/MPO, MT-RJ and USB)
- TAA compliant products
Meeting TAA Compliance
Government agencies are careful to ensure that their products, including those that use fiber optics, are in adherence to the federal Trade Agreements Act (TAA) of 1979, otherwise known as TAA compliance.
Vitex works with all our OEMs to ensure that TAA requirements are met and documented for Vitex optical products including:
- Country of Origin: originate from or be substantially transformed in countries that have trade agreements with the United States (either as part of the World Trade Organization Government Procurement Agreement or a separate, recognized trade agreement).
- Suppliers and Manufacturers: Manufacturing processes and supply chains meet the TAA’s criteria.
- Quality and Standards: Manufacturing adheres to required, specific quality and manufacturing standards.
What our defense & government customers say
“I appreciate your and Vitex’s responsiveness to our questions. It has been miles easier to work with you than other US-based transceiver companies.”
Senior Principal Electronics Engineer
Leading Space, Aeronautics, Defense and Cyberspace Manufacturer
Customization and expert support to meet stringent project requirements
Our expertise is in fiber optics. And we’re application experts – trained to understand how fiber optic products work or can be modified or designed to create a defined, robust communication backbone that users can count on. Customization options for optical transceivers, fiber connectors, breakout cables, AOCs and more include:
- Full product development
- Product customization
- EEPROM programming
- Preconfigured lengths with connectors of your choice
- Installation-ease assemblies composed of a transceiver and a receiver with fiber cable pigtails to easily connect to an already-run cable
- White labeling and custom packaging
- Low quantities
Conveniently located in NJ, the Vitex support staff are available by both phone or email so that we can quickly respond to your application questions, customization requests and technical specifications.
Vitex’s transceivers exceeded every performance requirement demanded by a global cabling manufacturer seeking to resell …
From streaming high-definition content to supporting the burgeoning Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem and …